Thursday 27 October 2011

Words

Our words cripple aspiration, tongues slashing and burning
hopes are razed to the ground.
We grind each other down,
unthinking in our ferocity.
My big feet fit easily,
placed firmly in my big mouth
my speech kicks
your head in
I sledgehammer you,
softly still you're strong,
unbroken
Everything I say is nothing,

You are where no one should have to go
that purgatory of gentle let-downs
the torture of a thousand reassurances
cutting deeper, ever deeper.
I'm all too human in my vain stupidity
I wish I could say what you wanted
If I could deliver your wish I would face it,
I'm no hero, no god, no good, no better than anyone else

5 comments:

Short Poems said...

Words of Wisdom my dear friend and written with a lot of insight, love it!

All the best
marinela

learnercurious1 said...

I read your poem on blogtalk radio.I read it 2 xs for clarity.

Bryhn Peace said...

thank you for sharing some of your deepest inner thoughts. Very interesting....blessings to you- Bryhn

Anonymous said...

"You are where no one should have to go that purgatory of gentle let-downs the torture of a thousand reassurances
cutting deeper, ever deeper."


The Pattern is usually when one is unable to commit. No one places us in purgatory of gentle let-downs. After the first let-down, it is our responsibility if we continue to live there even if the hope is that there would be change. Possibly the other person is using the let-downs as justification to never allow anyone close again.

~ Nina Fox

Anonymous said...

This is a good poem I particularly like the second stanza. It reminds me of my favourite poetry blogger Brian Looney the Recluse Poet in Arizona who Ive posted a few times.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...