Sunday 18 December 2011

Time To Let You Go

My heart is tired of hurting.
My eyes are tired of tears.
My mind is tired of thinking of you.
I've loved you for so many years.

I thought you were perfect.
I thought you treated me so well.
But now I look back and see
That my heaven with you was hell.

More than once you made me cry.
You left me all alone.
You would tell me you were going to call
So instead of having fun, I stayed at home.

Then one day you left for good,
Never to return.
You left me here to miss you,
You left me here to yearn.

I cried all day.
I cried all night.
Without you in my future,
Nothing seemed right.

For many months I waited.
Waited for you to come back to me.
I'd do anything to make you happy
You could live in ecstasy.

But then I saw you yesterday,
With someone new you danced,
It hurt my soul so badly
Made me so blue, my heart entranced.

But then I looked him in the eyes
They were the same as mine.
I knew that he was hurting.
It was just a matter of time.

Soon you would leave him,
You would make him sad.
But for now he has you,
And I don't want what he has.

I realized then,
Although the realisation was so slow,
At that moment it all came to me,
It was finally time to let you go.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...