Sunday 8 April 2012

After The Rains


After the rains that fell so soft
In my mind I see a view
This time not a field full of flowers
But a life with me being without you.
When you left me, forever, not to return
A big part of me died.
I told you that I didn't need you
But I couldn't convince my heart, I lied.
Loneliness took the place of your face
And the nights became so long, too long.
Depression transformed to agitation
And I knew that I was oh so wrong.
I can't spend the rest of my life
Crying over the past, In Pain. In vain.
I just need to concentrate on the future
And something solid that will last.
Does anything last?
After the rains that fell so soft
In my mind I see a view
Of me adjusting to the changes,
And I'm far better off without you.

1989

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...