Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Dragon Tears

As a child I would escape my torment and slip into a fantasy world. There I could be anyone I wanted to be, I was safe and I was the one with the power.

I would often imagine myself riding a dragon, flying over the land, looking for evil doers and trouble makers. In my hand was a magic sword, it enabled me to swipe down from great heights and chop off the head of those who were in need of a swift decapitation...

My dragon was a red/bronze. She was strong and powerful. She could take me anywhere and anytime. I flew back to the time that dinosaurs roamed our earth and ahead into a future that held no pain or suffering.

Later in life I heard this song. It made me smile.

Tears Of The Dragon

For too long now
There were secrets in my mind
For too long now
There were things I should have said
In the darkness
I was stumbling for the door
To find a reason
To find the time,the place,the hour

Waiting for the winter sun
And the cold light of day
The misty chost of childhood fears
The preessure is building
And I can't stay away

I throw myself into the sea
Release the wave
Let it wash over me
To face the fear
I once believed
The tears for the dragon
For you and for me

Where I was
I had wings that couldn't fly
Where I was
I had tears I couldn't cry
My emotions
Frozen in an icy lake
I couldn't feel them
Until the ice becan to break

I have no prayer over this
You know I'm afraid
The walls I built are crumblig
The water is moving
I'm slipping away

I throw myself into the sea
Release the wave
Let it wash over me
To face the fear
I once believed
The tears for the dragon
For you and for me

Slowly I awake
Slowly I rise
The walls I built are crumblig
The water is moving
I'm slipping away

I throw myself into the sea
Release the wave
Let it wash over me
To face the fear
I once believed
The tears for the dragon
For you and for me

Bruce Dickinson

1 comment:

Pastor Sharon said...

I escaped into a fantasy world often myself. It was the only way to deal with what life was like. It has been something I have had to struggle with and let go of. I liked it there. I found comfort there. I was the heroine there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...